Middle School Faith Formation Teacher and Director - St. Joseph Catholic School
St. Joseph Catholic School in Stuart, FL, has an opening for a Faith Formation Teacher and Director for the 2023-2024 school year. The candidate performs all duties and responsibilities in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of St. Joseph Catholic School and the Diocese of Palm Beach.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The Diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Functions and Responsibility of Faith Formation Teacher:
- Ability to engage students creatively in the learning process.
- Use the diocesan standards to create lesson plans and learning activities.
- Employ a variety of teaching methods to engage different learning styles and ability levels in the classroom.
- Participate in reflective, self-directed, on-going professional development.
- Create and define goals and objectives for unit and daily lessons plans, prepare classroom activities, organize teaching materials, evaluate student performance, maintain classroom records, and manage time effectively.
- Use classroom and school-wide data to inform and improve instruction.
- Demonstrate excellent classroom management skills/knowledge as well as a thoughtful, age-appropriate behavior management plan.
- Have knowledge of and make use of best instructional practices in the classroom.
- Submit grades and lesson plans in a timely manner.
- Incorporate faith-based activities into lesson plans and daily routines.
- Hold conferences with students, parents, administrators, and other professionals.
- Participate in faculty meetings, retreats, school assemblies, and special events.
Functions and Responsibilities of the Director of Faith Formation:
The Director of Faith Formation is responsible for nurturing the spiritual life of students, faculty, and staff at St. Joseph Catholic School by providing opportunities for faith formation, prayer, and Christian fellowship. The Director of Faith Formation will coordinate and collaborate with the school administration to guide the school according to its mission.
- Help form and direct the school’s faith community.
- Provide for prayer and sacramental opportunities:
- Create, organize, and oversee all schoolwide liturgy and prayer services.
- Plan classroom masses for middle school and assist/create a schedule for classroom masses for all other grades.
- Plan prayer services with middle school students and ensure that these are done with thoughtfulness and excellence.
- Establish a faith formation calendar and share it with teachers and administration. Work with middle school students to establish opportunities for before or afterschool activities such as the Rosary, Bible Study, etc. Pro Life
- Develop the 8th grade students as the spiritual leaders of the school; provide opportunities for them to lead other students in ways of faith.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Catholic theology.
- Must be willing to receive appropriate Catechesis certification.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Google Classroom/G-Suite as well as Renweb.
- Excellent and professional interpersonal skills and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to build relationships with students, teachers, and parents.
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and make responsible judgment calls.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds.
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling.
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Mrs. Mindy Miller, Principal, at email@example.com.