Middle School Math Teacher - Sacred Heart School
Sacred Heart School, located in Lake Worth, FL is searching for a qualified Middle School Math Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
This teacher will be expected to plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program for middle school students.. The candidate performs all duties and responsibilities in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of the Diocese of Palm Beach.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found https://www.diocesepb.org/employment-center/employee-benefits/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Employ a variety of teaching methods to engage different learning styles and ability levels in the classroom.
- Participate in reflective, self-directed, on-going professional development.
- Create and define goals and objectives for unit and daily lessons plans, prepare classroom activities, organize teaching materials, evaluate student performance, maintain classroom records, and manage time effectively.
- Submit grades and lesson plans in a timely manner.
- Hold conferences with students, parents, administrators, and other professionals.
- Participate in faculty meetings, retreats, school assemblies, and special events.
- BS/BA Degree in Education or Mathematics
- Florida Department of Education certificate in Mathematics Grades 5-9 or Grades 6-12, temporary or professional required.
- Minimum of two year’s teaching experience preferred.
- Excellent classroom management.
- Must be supportive and respectful of the mission and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church; experience in the Roman Catholic environment preferred.
- Able to work collaboratively with other teachers and department staff.
- Must have knowledge of basic tenets of Catholic Church.
- Must have clear and concise communications with students and parents.
- Must have a professional demeanor.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- ·Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, please send a resume along with a cover letter and 3 recent professional references to Interim Principal, Stephanie Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org.