Middle School Math Teacher - St. Helen Catholic School
St. Helen Catholic School, located in Vero Beach, FL is searching for an experienced Middle School Math Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. Candidates should have an FLDOE current certificate in middle grade Math or another Math certification and be able to add middle school Math within the first six months.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technology skills and communication skills are necessary to be an effective teacher.
- We are looking for a teacher to help our students learn Math by experiencing it through hands on activities and experiences.
- Being able to differentiate instruction and building relationships with students, parents, and peers are all musts for this position.
- Our middle school team of teachers work closely together to help our students be successful across the curriculum.
- Our teachers model the Catholic faith in everything we do.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
The mission of St. Helen Catholic School is to provide a quality education that incorporates faith, academics, service and leadership. Students are encouraged to be confident and productive learners who are “making good things happen”.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Debbie Irish, Principal at email@example.com