Middle School Religion Teacher - St Helen Catholic School
St. Helen Catholic School is searching for a Middle School Religion Teacher for the upcoming 2023-2024 Academic Year.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Acts as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Provide support and materials for liturgies, special liturgical seasons, prayers and religious assemblies.
- Plan and implement all school and class retreats.
- Has full knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Key Expectations of all SHCS employees:
- Consistently models St. Helen Catholic School values.
- Builds positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues by establishing effective communication through listening, responsiveness, openness, availability, and approachability.
- Takes initiative and ownership in displaying positive work ethic and behaviors and encourages this attitude in others.
- Maintains proficiency in the field through personal and professional development that strengthens the role and the school.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Experience in integrating technology into the curriculum.
- Ability to work effectively with parents as a partner in each student’s educational experience.
- Ability to use a variety of communication/teaching styles and methods.
- The ability to hold students to a high and clearly articulated standard of performance.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task as well as being self-motivated.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in lesson planning and executing lessons.
- The candidate should be flexible and adaptive and be able to work collaboratively within a professional learning community with colleagues and administration.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Religion/Theology; advanced Theology degree preferred.
- Level III Religion Certification Required
Physical and Work Requirements:
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds.
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds.
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e., typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting.
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e., loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e., listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.