Middle School Science Teacher - Sacred Heart Catholic School
Sacred Heart Catholic School has an opening for a qualified Middle School Science Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. This teacher will be expected to plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program for elementary students.. The candidate performs all duties and responsibilities in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of the Diocese of Palm Beach.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Employ a variety of teaching methods to engage different learning styles and ability levels in the classroom.
- Participate in reflective, self-directed, on-going professional development.
- Create and define goals and objectives for unit and daily lessons plans, prepare classroom activities, organize teaching materials, evaluate student performance, maintain classroom records, and manage time effectively.
- Submit grades and lesson plans in a timely manner.
- Hold conferences with students, parents, administrators, and other professionals.
- Participate in faculty meetings, retreats, school assemblies, and special events.
- BS/BA Degree in Education or Science
- Florida Department of Education certificate in Science Grades 5-9 or Grades 6-12, temporary or professional required.
- Minimum of two year’s teaching experience preferred.
- Excellent classroom management.
- Must be supportive and respectful of the mission and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church; experience in the Roman Catholic environment preferred.
- Able to work collaboratively with other teachers and department staff.
- Must have knowledge of basic tenets of Catholic Church.
- Must have clear and concise communications with students and parents.
- Must have a professional demeanor.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To Apply: Send resume with cover letter and 3 recent professional references to Interim Principal, Stephanie Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org.