Middle School Science Teacher - St. Helen Catholic School
St. Helen Catholic School in Vero Beach, Florida is looking to hire a qualified and experienced Full-Time Middle School Science Teacher for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year. The Science Teacher is responsible to plan, organize, and implement a challenging, engaging, rigorous and relevant curriculum in accordance with school and diocesan guidelines. The Science Teacher must also follow all duties and responsibilities as outlined by the mission, vision, and values of the school and Diocese of Palm Beach County.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The Diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Minimum Teaching Experience 2+ years, preferred
- Teaching Certificate in Middle School Science 6-8
- Curriculum Qualifications:
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school
- Mastery of curriculum and instruction in specialized area
- Able to coordinate and moderate clubs, activities, and electives
- Knowledge of current curricular trends and strategies
- Must be able to demonstrate technology skills with I-Pads
- Knowledge of Professional Learning Communities and able to cooperate, contribute, and participate effectively in team meetings
- Use of data-driven instruction to set goals, action plans, and task appropriate instruction
- Create and plan cross co-curricular units with the infusion of real-world activities
- Impeccable communication skills; excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Professional demeanor
- Must be able to complete assignments, grades, assessments in a timely manner
- Must have excellent classroom management
- Must be able to build relationships with all stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
How to Apply:
Applicants should email a resume, cover letter, list of references, and a Diocese of Palm Beach Teacher Application to Principal Debbie Irish, email address: email@example.com
Benefits: Please review benefits available to all Full-time diocesan employees at www.diocesepb.org
Start Date: August 2023
Salary: Dependent on education and experience
Address: St Helen Catholic School, 2025 20th Ave Vero Beach, Florida 32960