Middle School Writing and Strategies Teacher - St. Clare Catholic School
St. Clare Catholic School is looking for a Middle School Writing and Strategies teacher to begin immediately. The ideal candidate will:
- Have a valid FLDOE teaching certificate with certification in 6-9 English, or be willing to add 6-9 English to an existing certificate within one year of employment. An ESE or Reading add on is a plus.
- Have a good understanding of the middle school level curriculum.
- Have excellent classroom management skills.
- Have a true desire to help struggling middle school students succeed by helping them with organization, executive functioning, study skills, and other creative ways to be successful.
- Be creative and plan interesting, interactive pertinent lessons for our students.
- Have a desire to work with children in a Catholic environment and help them succeed.
- Have a desire to work closely with the other middle school teachers to complete a cohesive team.
- Be able to pass a background check, take the Protecting God’s Children class, and complete Foundations Catechism class online.
This position writes, monitors, updates, and communicates the support plans for eligible students attending St. Clare to teachers and administration.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.