Music and/or Drama Teacher – St. Joan of Arc Catholic School
St. Joan of Arc Catholic School in Boca Raton, FL has an immediate opening for a full-time (part-time may be considered) dynamic Fine Arts – Music and/or Drama teacher. This teacher should be highly experienced in teaching music and/or drama skills to children, have experience in differentiating curriculum, and be familiar with utilizing the iPad for educational purposes. This teacher must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, technology-rich environment and in creating a student-centered learning classroom and will be working closely with the school leadership team to coordinate and plan performances, activities, and special events throughout the year. This candidate performs all duties and responsibilities in alignment with the mission, vision and tenets of the Catholic Diocese of Palm Beach.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Music, Theatre, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Florida Department of Education certificate in Fine Arts, temporary or professional required.
- Minimum of two years of experience.
- Excellent classroom management and program organizational skills with demonstrated ability to engage students.
- Excellent attendance, ethics, and high level of professionalism.
- Excellent presentation skills with skill in use of instructional technologies.
- Provide clear and consistently high-quality instruction for all students.
- Create instructional lesson plans and activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in a meaningful learning experience.
- Work collaboratively with other faculty members to foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Coordinate student shows, recitals, and performances for holidays and special feast days including but not limited to: Advent/Christmas, Lent, and Graduation.
- Collaborate with church music ministry for School Mass and choir.
- Knowledge and skill in use of instructional technology, including iPads, in the classroom.
- Must have knowledge of tenets of Catholic Church and parish structures.
- Must be fully committed, supportive and respectful of the mission, teachings and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Excellent oral and written English - language communication skills, including clear speaking voice.
- Must have a professional appearance and demeanor.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply: Send resume with cover letter, proof of certification, and list of 3 recent professional references to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.