Parish Manager - St. Vincent Ferrer Catholic Church and School
Saint Vincent Ferrer Catholic Church and School, located in Delray Beach, FL, is searching for a full time Parish Manager.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
The Parish Manager is an administrator in support of the Pastor’s responsibilities to the parish. This minister is a steward of the physical, financial and personnel resources of the parish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Responsibilities for Church and School
- Maintains accuracy of all financial files and records and establishes a responsible cash flow management system.
- Prepares and reviews budget process in cooperation with the Director of Finance.
- Acts as liaison between the parish and the diocese in financial matters.
- Maximizes cash management resources.
- Coordinates and reviews parish organizations’ funds.
Personnel Responsibilities for Church
- Establishes and maintains evaluation process.
- Supervises the Director of Finance as well as the parish secretary, clerical, financial, janitorial and maintenance staff.
- Participates in the hiring and termination activities of the parish in collaboration with the Pastor.
- Acts as the Compliance administrator for the parish.
Administrative Responsibilities for Church and School
- Directs the management of the parish office. Oversees the management of the parish records.
- Coordinates parish liability and property insurance, workers’ compensation with diocesan general insurance program.
- Maintains good working relationships, effective communications between church, school, parish community, various groups and outside authorities.
- Attends all pastoral staff, Finance Council and other meetings, as requested by the Pastor. Attends all diocesan meetings, as necessary, representing the parish and the Pastor.
- Consults with and advises Pastor and Principal on business and administrative matters that affect the parish and school.
Facilities Management Responsibilities for Campus
- Supervises any major construction, improvement or repair activity.
- Solicits and reviews bids and quotes and negotiates contracts.
- Establishes and monitors preventive maintenance programs for all properties.
- Maintains security of property and periodically inspects campus for needed maintenance and repair. (Buildings, cameras, etc.)
- Reviews and approves usage of campus facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business.
- Five years of managerial or pastoral experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Fr. Dennis Gonzales at email@example.com.