Part Time (10 hrs. per week) Multimedia Graphic Designer (Office of Hispanic Ministry) - Pastoral Center
The Diocese of Palm Beach is searching for a part time (10 hrs. per week) Multimedia Graphic Designer position in the office of Hispanic Ministry.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese also offers a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our retirement program can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop graphic design solutions including social media posts, website content, specific brochures for pastoral ministries and the School of Christian Formation, posters, etc.
- Prepare all the designs for the 2022-2030 Pastoral Plan Book.
- Coordinate with Information Technology (IT) in collaboration with the Communications Director to ensure the availability of appropriate software and equipment for the production of marketing materials.
- Work with the Hispanic Ministry Coordinator in preparing ads or promotional materials that might be needed for workshops, exhibits or other public venue at the request of the Director of Hispanic Ministry.
- Create marketing and branding materials and images for social media and the website, incorporating relevant content and liturgical calendar.
- Create and maintain calendars for content to be posted and shared.
- Fully bilingual. Ability to create content in Spanish and English.
- Proficiency in editing software, Publisher, Canvas, desktop publishing and Internet
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Experience in graphic arts and printing
- Social media, photography, and videography skills.
- A firm understanding of the Catholic faith, its teachings, and practices.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, flexible, self-starter.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects, under time deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and able to exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds.
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds.
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting.
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Jenna Sheehan, Human Resources Administrative Assistant:
Via US Mail: Diocese of Palm Beach
9995 North Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410-9650
Via Fax: (561) 775-9575
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org