Part Time (25 hours per week) Receptionist/Office Helper - St. Martin de Porres
Responsibilities include welcoming and assisting people who come into or telephone the Parish Office, aiding and supporting Parish Office Staff by providing a variety of routine clerical services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer the telephone and the door. Assist or redirect the person properly.
- Receive and distribute the mail, packages and faxes.
- Bring the mail to the post office.
- Schedule Mass Intentions and maintain the Mass Intention Records.
- Coordinate funeral intake.
- Check office supplies inventory and order office and copy machine supplies as needed.
- Maintain and update Parish Census records.
- Assisting with Parish mailings and other clerical duties as they arise.
- High School Diploma
- Must have the ability to communicate well with people by telephone, in person or by email.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook a plus.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Successful candidate must pass a Level II background check with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, attend required training through the Diocesan Office of Safe Environments, and submit to a review of your driving record.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel and talk or hear, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the "Employment Application" from the following link: https://www.diocesepb.org/applications
Please forward the employment application, resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Lorie Shekailo, Director of Finance and Operations at email@example.com