Part Time Art Teacher - St. Helen Catholic School
St. Helen Catholic School located in Vero Beach, FL is looking to hire a qualified and experienced part time Art Teacher for the 2022-23 School Year.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese also offers a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our retirement program can be found here.
Teachers are responsible to plan, organize, and implement a challenging, engaging, rigorous and relevant curriculum in accordance with school and diocesan guidelines. Teachers must also follow all duties and responsibilities as outlined by the mission, vision, and values of the school and Diocese of Palm Beach County.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Minimum Teaching Experience 5+ years, preferred
- Florida Department of Education Certificate Required
- Mastery of curriculum and instruction in specialized area
- Able to coordinate and moderate clubs, activities, and electives
- Knowledge of current curricular trends
- Must be able to demonstrate technology skills with I-Pads
- Knowledge of Professional Learning Communities and able to cooperate, contribute, and participate effectively in team meetings
- Use of data-driven instruction to set goals, action plans, and task appropriate instruction
- Create and plan cross co-curricular units with the infusion of real-world activities
- Impeccable communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Must be able to complete assignments, grades, assessments in a timely manner
- Must have excellent classroom management
- Must be able to build relationships with all stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
How To Apply: Applicants should email a resume with a list of references to Principal Debbie Irish. firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Start Date: August 2, 2022
Salary: Dependent on education and experience
St. Helen Catholic School
Attn: Ms. Debbie Irish, Principal
2025 20th Ave Vero Beach, Florida 32960
Via Fax (772) 567-5457