Part Time Assistant Parish Catechetical Leader (30 hours per week with benefits) - St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church
St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church located in Boca Raton, FL is searching for a Part Time Assistant Parish Catechetical Leader (30 hours per week with benefits) for the Religious Education Office to assist in administration of the parish catechetical programs and provide leadership to build a solid foundation of catechetical ministry.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordinating Faith Formation programs, events and ceremonies
- Provide support during Faith Formation classes, events and ceremonies
- Maintain accurate registration, attendance, tuition payments and sacraments records.
- Order and maintain appropriate Faith Formation programs materials and supplies
- Communicate with parents and volunteers regularly.
- Work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Adhere to Safe Environment requirements and Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct.
- Experience with Religious Education highly desirable. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Background in theology and/or catechist certification highly desirable.
- Must be an active practicing Catholic, faithful to the teachings of the Church, with a passion for sharing his/her faith with others.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a multi-task environment with time and resources constraints
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize and be self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong ethical values, confidentiality, and discretion.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Mrs. Rosa Davidson, Parish Catechetical Leader via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.