Part Time Bookkeeper - Ryan Center for Young Children Ministry
The Ryan Center for Young Children Ministry in Port St. Lucie, FL is searching for a part time Bookkeeper.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese also offers a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our retirement program can be found here.
The Bookkeeper will be responsible for all accounting work associated with processing accounts receivable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain customer master files in accounting and other software as per entity and Diocese policies and procedures.
- Assist with the school’s tuition management system, including but not limited to processing tuition billing.
- Ensure that filing requirements are met for student scholarships with the state and/or county
- Monitor, review and communicate with customers any discrepancies on invoices or statements.
- Respond to parent inquiries on billing issues
- Reconciliation of scholarship receivables
- Assist with collection of delinquent tuition and fees
- Maintain physical records regarding tuition and scholarships
- Assist with other filing as needed
- Assist bookkeeper with other accounting tasks as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in accounting or related field required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, and cloud environment
- Prior Sage50 accounting or QuickBooks experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Internet
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure, in a fast-paced high-volume environment.
- Comfortable with high volume manual data entry tasks and electronic data uploads and downloads
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to stay focused and organized
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment
- Strong ethical values
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Gretchen Wood, Human Resources Coordinator.
Via US Mail: Diocese of Palm Beach
9995 North Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410-9650
Via Fax: (561) 775-9575
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org