Part Time Custodian/Maintenance Assistant - Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church located in Boca Raton, Florida, is searching for a part time Custodian/Maintenance Assistant. The majority of the hours will be Wednesday’s and Sundays’.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese also offers a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our retirement program can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide for janitorial and custodial during Religious education and Sunday services.
- To maintain specific areas in Church building, including but not limited, to vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, dusting, polishing woodwork, cleaning windows and glass, emptying garbage, and bathroom stocking and cleaning.
- To check outside buildings and grounds for damage, litter and disposal of fallen branches and debris as needed.
- To repair light electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions. Paint, landscape and complete small construction projects.
- To set up for meetings and CCD classes which includes programming of AC units and lighting as scheduled in Parish calendar.
- To open the facilities and to check that buildings are closed and alarmed at the end of the day, and after Parish activities are finished as scheduled.
- To comply with the Parish’s safety protocol for the protection of parishioners, especially of children, youth and the elderly, for the reduction of risks and liabilities related to Parish events and operations which includes each of the buildings, parking lot safety, traffic flow, locking of buildings after hours, rental of Parish facilities, and large events’ security.
- Other tasks, responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to multitask, for teamwork and of good relationships with other employees, parishioners and contractors.
- Knowledge of janitorial procedures. Ability to use and understand cleaning chemicals and maintenance equipment.
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HV AC equipment, lawn sprinkler system and maintenance equipment.
- Knowledge of Parish rental’s guideless, maintenance, safety and janitorial requirements.
- Knowledge of Religious Ed. programs requirements.
- Knowledge of Diocesan policies, Risk management policies, Safety procedures, and Emergency protocols.
- Ability to operate audiovisuals.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong ethical values.
- Frequent walking and standing, reaching and bending.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of less than 44 lbs, and occasionally moderate lifting from 50-70 lbs.
- Continuous ability to see, to hear, to talk and communicate with others.
- Occasional climbing of ladders and working with fumes.
- Continuous use of hands and fingers.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Father Eduardo Medina at firstname.lastname@example.org