Part Time Maintenance Employee - St. John of the Cross
Saint John of the Cross Catholic Church is searching for a Part Time Maintenance employee (25 hours per week).
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese also offers a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our retirement program can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of general building maintenance repairs and services
- Follow church’s safety procedures and insurance recommendations
- Help with set up and take down tables/chairs for any Parish event
- Responsible for 24 hr. emergency Maintenance service as needed.
- Carry a cell phone as required for on-call Maintenance services.
- Identify problems and manage until completion.
- Communicate with sub-contractors when needed
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor
- Keep restrooms supplies filled and available for cleaning crew.
- Remove trash and recyclables in all buildings on a weekly or as needed basis.
- Maintain kitchen equipment (including freezer/refrigerator/stove)
- Annual hazardous material disposal
- Keep a clean and clutter free work area in all utility rooms
- Grounds Keeper
- Complete grounds work as needed which will include:
- Pick up trash (especially near roads)
- Maintaining a clean dumpster area
- Water trees / grass when needed
- Plumbing and Electrical Experience is a plus.
- Maintain first aid kits / stations & AED’s throughout all parish buildings
- Monitor all emergency exits and lights to make sure they are free of clutter and are in working order
- Time management assertiveness to adjust to specific duties
- A complete understanding of the operation of Hand Tools and Power Tools.
- Hard worker who is a self-starter and proactive
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Ability to work effectively with Parish staff, diocesan employees, volunteers, department heads, and the general public.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, make responsible judgment calls, pay attention to details with emphasis on meeting deadlines and be reliable.
- Well organized and good management skills.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Ability to safely lift 50 lbs.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying or moving up to 25 pounds
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing and reaching)
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional routine talking
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Susan Klinsport: