Part Time On Call Bus Driver - St. Helen Catholic School
St. Helen Catholic School located in Vero Beach, FL is searching for a part time on call Bus Driver. This position is part of a pool of drivers the school and church will call on as needed for field trips and events.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese also offers a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our retirement program can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safe transportation of students to and from field trips, and ministry groups to various events. Safety of students is the bus driver’s primary responsibility. Drivers inspect the bus before each run for safety, routine maintenance, and upkeep.
- Drivers are responsible for keeping the bus clean with a full tank of gas.
- The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Florida CDL—Class B or C with “P” and “S” Endorsement is required
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with Administration and Staff of the School and Church
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent driving record.
- Knowledge and understanding of church organization and operational procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds.
- Frequent use both hands and fingers
- Frequent extended periods of sitting.
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling, and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
To apply, download and complete the employment application and submit along with a copy of your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of: Anne Caron, St. Helen Parish at email@example.com