Part Time Parish Secretary/Bookkeeper - Notre Dame Mission
Notre Dame Mission, located in Fort Pierce, FL is searching for a Part Time Parish Bookkeeper/Secretary.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese also offers a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our retirement program can be found here.
Manages accounting functions, general ledger, payroll administration and preparation of all reports at the Parish. Provides financial information & reports to the Diocese of Palm Beach Finance Office. Provides personal administrative support to the Parish Administrator through organizing and completing project-oriented tasks, coordinating meetings, composing, and preparing correspondence, maintaining supervisors’ calendars and other related duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Parish accounting including financial transactions on a daily basis
- Provide accurate and timely bookkeeping and financial comparative reporting for the Parish utilizing the chart of accounts and standardized reporting formats on a modified cash basis, monthly, quarterly and annually to the Parish Administrator and the Finance Council along with other supporting reports and schedules appropriate as needed
- Prepare proper benefits accruals and keep time off requests for all employees and record such in Paylocity payroll PTO correctly
- Prepare bank reconciliations on all bank, SFT and investment accounts, if any
- Responsible for processing vendor payments via write check method in Sage 50
- Record all bank deposits for offertory and other items especially donations/contributions as needed. Ensure PDS system is also included when necessary as well as balancing this system with Sage 50 deposits, where applicable.
- Process credit card payments for donations and other appropriate receipts
- Ensure compliance with all State and government filings, which includes the following but is not limited to complete and accurate W-9/1099 filing, W-2/W3 filing by third party processor and W2G/945 filing and if necessary, form 5754, while maintaining complete documentation of all efforts that can be readily assessed and filed for easy access.
- Preparation of annual operating budget with assistance from Parish Administrator and maintain budget in Sage 50 to produce actual vs. budget reports. Explain significant variances as necessary
- Prepare all supporting information for the tri-annual AUP and liaise with the Parish Administrator and the external auditors as necessary
- Acts as the Administrative Assistant to the Parish Administrator which includes but is not limited to calendar management, handling correspondences, answering the telephone, greeting parishioners and other visitors
- Maintain parish record including registrations, weekly offerings, memorial gifts/offerings, special contributions, volunteer acknowledgements, etc.
- Maintain personnel files and periodic record keeping for pastoral staff
- Update personnel procedure and keeps staff informed of changes
- Manager weekly bulletin information and weekly Mass announcements
- Oversee supplies for building maintenance, office, church, and Liturgies
- Plans small events such as luncheons and group meetings
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Accounting preferred. However, some college or post high school vocational tech school credits in accounting with equivalent business experience acceptable
- Minimum 3+ years of accounting and secretarial experience preferred
- Strong accounting, secretarial, administrative, communication and office skills
- Bilingual in French/Creole and English preferred
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with Catholic Charities and Diocesan employees, departments heads, and representatives of other agencies
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task as well as being self-motivated
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent driving record
- Knowledge and understanding of church organization and operational procedures
- Proficiency in accounting software with SAGE 50 experience a plus
- Attention to detail and be willing to work a flexible schedule when needed
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity
- Ability to stay focused and organized
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment
- Strong ethical values
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Gretchen Wood, Human Resources Coordinator.
Via US Mail: Diocese of Palm Beach
9995 N Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Via Fax: 561-775-9575
Via Email: email@example.com