Part Time Receptionist/Office Assistant - St. John Fisher
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers phones, takes messages, and/or refers callers to appropriate person.
- Welcomes and greets people who come into the parish office
- Prepares labels and envelopes for mailings.
- Assists with photo copying or duplicating of materials as requested.
- Assists with preparation of meeting rooms.
- Picks up and delivers staff mail.
- Prepares and mails welcome letters to new residents surrounding the parish.
- Assists with maintenance of files.
- Performs entry of data into computer files.
- May order office supplies as requested.
- Registers new parishioners.
- Provides typing services, handles general correspondence and clerical support.
- Typing letters, memos, labels, or other documents as necessary
- Assist with special projects as needed
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years of clerical experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Gigi Silvagnoli:
Via US Mail: Diocese of Palm Beach
9995 North Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410-9650
Via Fax: (561) 584-6467
Via Email: email@example.com