President - Cardinal Newman High School
Cardinal Newman High School located in West Palm Beach, FL is searching for a President.
Overview of Cardinal Newman High School
Cardinal Newman High School (CNHS) is a college-preparatory institution educating students in grades 9 -12, under the auspices of the Diocese of Palm Beach. Cardinal Newman High School has a rich tradition of excellence for over 60 years in Palm Beach County. Forty-five acres of property house the campus, consisting of 2 classroom buildings, gymnasium, cafeteria, Alumni Building, athletic fields, and facilities. Cardinal Newman is accredited by Cognia.
The student population is 554; 81% Catholic and 19% non-Catholic; 16% minority students and 1.8% international students. Cardinal Newman High School challenges students to fulfill their potential in an atmosphere that is positive, caring, service-oriented and fun.
Students have academic offerings in:
- 22 Honors Courses
- 15 Advanced Placement Courses
- 6 Dual Enrollment Courses on Campus (with additional options off campus)
- Standard Level Courses
- Distance Learning through Florida Virtual School
Students participate in over 20 Organizations and Clubs.
The Campus Ministry Program offers students numerous opportunities to grow in their faith: Music Ensemble for school Masses; Retreat Experiences; Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion & Lector Formation; Frequent Liturgical Celebrations; Annual Respect Life Trip; Annual college trips to Ave Maria University; Altar Servers
Cardinal Newman High School is a member of the Florida High School Athletic Association and Palm Beach County Athletic Association. Students have opportunities to participate on varsity athletic teams for boys and girls.
“The glory of God is the human person fully alive.” – Saint Irenaeus
The Mission of Cardinal Newman High School is to educate the whole person: spirit, mind, and body, and to help all students develop their God-given talents according to the gospel values of Jesus Christ. In fulfilling this mission, CNHS provides:
A Catholic-Christian Community
We provide a Catholic-Christian Community in which students learn self-fulfillment through Catholic teachings, retreats, liturgies, and para-liturgical experiences.
A well-rounded curriculum and program
We work hard to provide academic, religious, extracurricular, athletic, and community service programs in order to form individuals who accept leadership, are academically inquisitive, spiritually alert, and physically sound.
We dedicate ourselves to discover each student’s unique talents and to prepare each student intellectually to make mature decisions about his or her future.
A dedicated and supportive faculty
We pledge to provide a faculty who understands the diverse needs of each student and who works with each student in a caring and supportive environment.
High academic standards
We commit ourselves to high academic standards in order to motivate each of our students to do his or her very best while accepting the necessary self-discipline which the quest for excellence requires.
“Growth is the only evidence of life.” – John Henry Cardinal Newman
- Cardinal Newman is a Catholic, Christian community where each student can become the person that God invites him or her to be.
- We believe students learn self-esteem and self-fulfillment through Catholic Church teachings, hard work, intellectual challenge, and the acquisition of knowledge.
- We believe in teachers who understand and respect individual learning styles and who find appropriate ways to motivate individual students to do their best.
- We believe in teaching the fundamental values of loyalty, responsibility, mutual respect, common courtesy, integrity, honesty, and common sense.
- We believe in the ethical teachings, the continuity, and the traditions of the Catholic Church. We believe in giving students opportunities to participate actively in relevant retreats, liturgies, and para-liturgical experiences.
- We believe that we play a vital role in the community. We espouse the concept of community involvement both as a school and for our students.
- We believe in developing student-leaders who will have a positive influence on those around them.
- We believe in encouraging students to recognize problems as opportunities for new experiences and growth.
- We believe in making our students sensitive to the needs of others through voluntary and mandatory service experiences.
- We encourage extracurricular activities such as clubs and sports as important to total student growth and development.
- Cardinal Newman High School, a centrally located Catholic school, serving parishes in Palm Beach County traces its roots to St. Ann’s Catholic School of St. Ann’s Parish in West Palm Beach. St. Ann’s School opened its doors in 1925. In September 1961, a small number of Adrian Dominican Sisters moved from St. Ann’s School to the new single building Cardinal Newman High School. A second classroom building was added within five years. Archbishop Coleman F. Carroll dedicated a new cafeteria and gymnasium in 1973.
- After 60 years in existence shaping hearts and minds, Cardinal Newman High School launched, “Shaping the Future”. The renovation of the North Building will include a prominently positioned Chapel; an Innovation Lab to facilitate robotics, hands-on learning and enhanced STEM-related offerings; new state of the art laboratories for biology, chemistry and physics; other classroom and office updates; upgraded electrical, air-conditioning and safety systems.
For additional information regarding the Cardinal Newman High School community, please visit the school's website here.
President Job Description
The President shall be appointed by the Bishop of Palm Beach and reports to the Superintendent of Schools as set forth below. The President’s responsibilities include the leadership and oversight necessary to ensure that the High School fulfills its mission as a Roman Catholic educational institution. The President shall directly supervise the High School Principal and the High School Principal’s role as the academic leader of the High School. The President is responsible for the fiscal stability of the High School and is specifically charged with the following:
- Fundraising and Development
- Public and Alumni Relations
- Institutional and Educational Leadership
- Long-Range Planning and Fiscal Year Budget Formulation
- Development and Review of High School Policies
- Oversight of the Implementation of the High School Policies
The President shall periodically report specifically as to these items to the Superintendent of Schools, the Corporate Board of Directors, and the School Advisory Council. The Superintendent of Schools may from time to time assign additional duties, responsibilities, and reporting requirements.
The President is expected to exemplify Roman Catholic doctrine and practice in conduct and in the administration of all assigned duties. The President is specifically charged with the responsibility to see that the functions of administration, organization, and teaching serve to implement the goals and objectives of a Catholic philosophy of education for the school community.
The President shall at all times observe, follow, and implement the policies and guidelines of the Diocese of Palm Beach.
- The successful candidate must be a practicing Catholic with a vision for Catholic education. The candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Background in Catholic School Administration, including Advancement work and new facility or renovation projects. At least three to five years of experience preferred.
- Master’s degree in educational leadership or related field of study.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, department heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgement calls.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
Start date of July 1, 2024 or sooner.
Position Prospectus available at:
Letters of Interest or Inquiries should be directed to:
Mr. Al Catelli at Partners in Mission