Principal - Sacred Heart Catholic School
Sacred Heart Catholic School located in Lake Worth, FL seeks a principal for the 2024-2025 school year.
The school is a parochial elementary school grades PK to 8 and enrolls just over 200 students with a dedicated and professional staff of 35. The school is fully accredited by Florida Catholic Conference. The principal serves as a spiritual and academic leader of our school community which seeks to form good Christians and honest citizens of our students. Creating a strong Catholic culture in the school where the spiritual, academic and human formation of our children, faculty and staff are of highest importance for this position. They will be an individual who seeks to be actively present both inside and outside the classroom. Firm discipline and reasonable expectations are always balanced with an approach of loving-kindness. Working with families in an engaging, strong and respectful way is important. They will have the capacity to work within the parish mission to help further the wider Sacred Heart Parish unity. The leadership style of being proactive over reactive is expected. This individual will supervise daily operations, emphasizing Catholic mission-driven, data-informed, decision making.
For information about the school, please visit the school website at sacredheartschoollakeworth.com
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church and hold the Catholic identity/culture of the school as a primary responsibility.
- Hold a minimum of a master’s degree in Educational Leadership (or related field)
- Hold or be eligible for a Florida Department of Education Administrative Certificate
- Have a clear vision and dedication to the values and philosophy of Catholic education
Additional preferred requirements include:
- A minimum of three years of Catholic elementary administrative experience
- Superior communication skills
- A collaborative leadership style to lead and embrace the mission of a 21st century Catholic elementary school
- Be knowledgeable in current areas of professional development and teacher supervision
- Exhibit excellent instructional and technological leadership
- A reliable, insured vehicle and ability to travel to locations within the Diocese of Palm Beach
- Ability to successfully complete a criminal history, background and driver’s license check
- Be able to meet the Diocese of Palm Beach, Florida Department of Education, and accrediting agency requirements for principals
To apply, please submit your resume, college transcripts, list of references (with letters if available), letter of interest and the School Administrative Application (not the Diocesan Employment Application), via post or email to the following:
Diocese of Palm Beach
Attn: Office of Catholic Schools – Principal Search
9995 North Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.