Principal - St. Joan of Arc School
St. Joan of Arc Catholic School, a PreK-8 parochial, Catholic school located in Boca Raton, FL seeks a Principal for the 2021-2022 school year. The school, a ministry of St. Joan of Arc Parish, enrolls 465 students with a dedicated and professional staff of approximately 50.
The principal fulfills the mission of the Catholic school by serving as the spiritual, educational, and managerial leader of the school. The principal is charged with the implementation of the philosophy, mission, objectives, and the overall management of the school. The principal is responsible for the professional effectiveness of the staff, the educational progress of the students, as well as the relationship within the entire school community. The principal reports to the pastor.
The school is fully accredited by the Florida Catholic Conference and is STREAM certified.
The successful candidate will be:
- A practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church
- Hold a minimum of a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership (or related field)
- Must hold or be eligible for Florida Department of Education Administrative Certificate
Additional preferred requirements include:
- A minimum of three years of Catholic school administrative experience, as well as three to five years teaching experience, with proven history of leadership roles
- Serve as the primary agent for creating an environment that fosters academic excellence and Catholic faith formation
- Identify changes for ongoing school improvement; communicate (to all appropriate parties), implement and review short- and long-range strategic planning. (Goals, 1-year plan, 3-year plan, etc).
- Communicates effectively with pastor, students, parents, Home & School Association, Diocese of Palm Beach, and other appropriate professionals on operations and short-and long-term goals of the school.
- Hire and retain highly qualified and effective employees
- Provide and promote leadership to the staff regarding curriculum, instruction, and class management
- Ensures the implementation of a comprehensive curriculum through the use of a variety of appropriate pedagogical strategies
- Possess a track record of improving and sustaining student achievement results in English Language Arts (ELA), Science, and Math
- Supervise and monitor the school’s financial resources and accounts, experience with school budget preparation, and expense management
- Provide and promote professional development for teachers and staff
- Work collaboratively with designated committees to support school events, marketing strategies, fundraising initiatives and enrollment campaigns
- Promotes healthy staff morale and professionalism in all scenarios.
- Maintains current and accurate records according to diocesan and school policy
- Completes and submits all official forms required by the Diocese and Accreditation Boards.
- Actively manage accreditations and certifications
- Reliable, insured vehicle and ability to travel to locations within the Diocese of Palm Beach
- Ability to successfully complete a criminal history, background and driver’s license check
- Be able to meet the Diocese of Palm Beach, Florida Department of Education and accrediting agency requirements for principals.
Information on benefits currently offered to Diocese of Palm Beach employees is available online. To apply, please use the “School Administrative Application“ (not the “Diocesan Employment Application”). Please visit our website at Diocese of Palm Beach : Employment Center : Employment Center (diocesepb.org) .
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please complete an application and include a resume, list of three references (with letters if available), a letter from your Pastor, and letter of interest and send via post or electronically to:
Diocese of Palm Beach
Attn: Office of Catholic Schools – Principal Search
9995 North Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410