Program Director - Our Lady of Florida Spiritual Center
Our Lady of Florida Spiritual Center located in North Palm Beach, FL is searching for a Program Director.
The Passionists, a 300-year-old international Roman Catholic community of Priests and Brothers, sponsor a network of Retreat Centers in the United States and globally creating spaces for people to receive sacred hospitality and spiritual renewal.
Currently, the Passionists are seeking a Program Director at two separate Retreat Centers within the Province of St. Paul of the Cross:
- St. Paul’s Retreat Center in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Our Lady of Florida Retreat Center, North Palm Beach.
The successful candidate for Program Director will:
- Resonate with the Passionist Charism expressed through three basic principles:
- To assist all people to connect to the Divine presence
- To stand in solidarity with the Crucified of Today (victims of injustice, poverty, abuse, etc.)
- To hear the cry of our suffering earth and respond with collective action
- Be firmly grounded in Catholic tradition as articulated by Pope Francis, particularly in the encyclicals, Laudato Si and Fratelli Tutti.
- Practice an integrated and mature Catholic spirituality open to the ‘signs of the times’ and the movement of the Holy Spirit.
- Be able to work with Provincial leadership in the creation of programing, rooted in the Charism, that will engage current participants, new populations of seekers and marginalized communities. This position is a provincial appointment and is directly responsible to the Provincial and Council.
- Be able to engender a spirit of collaboration with the local Passionist community and coordinate ministry schedules, shared facility uses and other issues that arise.
- Be able to collaborate with mission aligned partners who will share space or be integrated into the ministry structure and operations.
- Be able to work openly and collaboratively with evolving relationships with other Passionist Retreat Centers and ministries.
- Possess excellent communication skills for both ministry as well as for wider public engagement
- Have obtained a Master level, or equivalent, in Sacred Scripture, theology, or related disciplines with a strong formation in the Church’s understanding of mission.
- Be capable of effectively recruiting and managing program staff, per diem and permanent, as well as managing budget expectations.
- Provide an on-site leadership presence and promote effective development of teamwork and fulfillment of mission requirements.
For more information or to submit resume, please contact:
Father Jim O’Shea CP, Provincial