Resource Teacher-St. Joan of Arc School
St. Joan of Arc Catholic School has an opening for a full-time Resource Teacher for the 21-22 School Year. This teacher will provide direct services to students with specific-learning disabilities (SLD) and will support teachers by ensuring that students receive the appropriate academic and behavioral support to succeed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
● Applicants must possess an undergraduate degree (post-graduate degree preferred) or equivalent certification in the area of early childhood education, special education, or a related field with emphasis or experience in ESE or SLD.
● Preference will be given to the candidate with previous Catholic School teaching experience.
Essential Skills and Duties:
● Comfortable in providing pull-out instruction for small groups as well as in-class support instruction
● Reliable, flexible, organized, hardworking, patient, excellent communication skills, and outstanding with children.
● Will write student learning plans (SLPs) modified to each student’s learning needs and maintain regular communication and documentation with teachers and parents regarding student progress
● Provide recommendation to teachers for classroom strategies, accommodation, and alternative methods of assessment to help meet each student’s learning needs
● Conduct formal observations of students who are recommended for referral
● Assist in the administration of standardized tests for students with learning disabilities.
● Outstanding and professional written and verbal communication skills
● Excellent classroom management skills, age-appropriate strategies and appropriate use of technology.
How To Apply:
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume with a list of references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Benefits: Please review benefits available to all Full-time diocesan employees at www.diocesepb.org.
Start Date: August 3, 2021
Contact Name: Lani Hiponia
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org