School Bookkeeper Assistant - St. Vincent Ferrer Catholic School
St. Vincent Ferrer Catholic School located in Delray Beach, Florida is searching for a Full Time School Bookkeeper Assistant (40 hours per week). The Bookkeeper Assistant will collaborate with the Bookkeeper for the finances of the school: assist in financial bookkeeping system including accounts payable, receivable; balancing ledgers, and reconciling RENWEB cashless program. The Bookkeeper Assistant also assists the Director of Finance and the Parish Manager with the HR operations of the school and provides basic support in the absence of the Bookkeeper.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The Diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process Accounts Payable ensuring invoices are authorized to pay and stamped paid when completed.
- Ensures AP subsidiary ledger agrees with GL balance.
- Prepares and mails checks.
- Create and maintain vendor master files as per entity and diocesan policies and procedures.
- Process Accounts Receivables ensuring cash application is reported in correct coding and AR subsidiary ledgers agree with GL balances.
- Gather and calculate data; assist in various reconciliations for the school and diocese as requested.
- Maintains an accurate filing, record keeping and reporting systems for all school financial matters utilizing DOPB & SVF retention guidelines, policies and procedures and other document requirements.
- Maintain HR and personnel records ensuring that diocesan compliance program is followed and maintained for all school employees.
- Helping with all finance audits in collaboration with the Director of Finance, to include Step Up Audit and DOPB AUP program.
- Reconciles the school's credit card transactions.
- Reconciliation of various scholarships.
- Maintain and reconcile RENWEB Cashless charges and reports.
- Attend staff meetings and diocesan meetings as requested.
- Three or more years of bookkeeping experience or any combination of experience and education likely to provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities, typically high school graduation and bookkeeping training.
- Have a thorough understanding of accounting/record keeping and its component elements.
- Ability to maintain accurate collection and deposit records.
- Proficient in various computer software programs (Microsoft Office products); ability to learn custom church software.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the general teachings of the Catholic Church, and a basic familiarity with its structures, functions and institutions.
- Must always maintain a professional manner and a suitable presence as a representative of the parish.
- Must keep the confidentiality of certain sensitive parish or diocesan matters.
- Have solid interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Have knowledge, ability, and skills to effectively utilize computer, peripheral equipment, various software and other office equipment as needed.
- Must continue to maintain a high level of independent thought and initiative to present new ideas as needed.
- Good organizational, record-keeping and facilitation skills.
- Ability to present oneself professionally.
- Skilled in group dynamics.
- Attention to detail and able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with a broad array of financial competencies and employ effective teaching/training techniques.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with emphasis on meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with parish staff, Diocesan employees, department heads, representatives of other agencies, and the general public.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and able to exercise discretion and good business judgment.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- There are no hazardous or disagreeable working conditions.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds.
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling.
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers (i.e., typing)
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
- Occasional time spent working closely with others.
- The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Jenna Sheehan, Human Resources Administrative Assistant.
Via Email: email@example.com
Via US Mail:
Diocese of Palm Beach
9995 North Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410-9650
Via Fax: (561) 775-9575