School Counselor - St. Helen Catholic School
St. Helen Catholic School located in Vero Beach, FL is searching for a full time School Counselor.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will possess the skills and have demonstrated success in school counseling. The candidate should be flexible and adaptive and be able to work collaboratively within a professional learning community with colleagues and administration.
- The candidate should also demonstrate use of technology to enhance student performance and be willing to be the testing coordinator for the schools standardized tests.
- A Master’s Degree in School Counseling or a related field is preferred.
- Must possess a valid Florida Professional Teaching Certificate in the area of School Counselor, or be in the process of certification, with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Be an active Catholic in good standing.
- Preference will be given to the candidate with previous Catholic School counseling experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
How To Apply: Applicants should email a resume with a list of references to Principal Debbie Irish. firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Start Date: August 2, 2022
Salary: Dependent on education and experience
St. Helen Catholic School
Attn: Ms. Debbie Irish, Principal
2025 20th Ave Vero Beach, Florida 32960
Via Fax (772) 567-5457