School Custodian - St. Joseph Catholic School
St. Joseph Catholic School located in Stuart, FL is searching for a full time School Custodian.
St. Joseph Catholic School has an opening for a school custodian. SJCS custodians are expected to be a part of a team that cleans and maintains the school’s facilities. The candidate performs all duties and responsibilities in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of St. Joseph Catholic School and the Diocese of Palm Beach.
Hours: 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check gymnasium; clean and restock supplies in restroom.
- Water plants around the school, as needed.
- Take out trash, sweep, and mop Family Center.
- Pick up mail from church office, bring to school office/deliver packages.
- Remove trash from all classrooms that are assigned to you (including band room and library).
- Sweep all classrooms that have a tile floor (science lab, art room)
- Vacuum all rooms with carpets.
- Sweep and vacuum all rooms with tile and carpet (Little Lambs room, PK)
- Mop floors with tile floors once per week.
- Restrooms throughout the school are to be swept and mopped daily including cleaning of the toilets and removal of all trash.
- Other cleaning and maintenance items to be determined by maintenance supervisor and/or principal.
- Ability to follow directions and supervision of Facilities Supervisor.
- Ability to clean and maintain school grounds.
- Ability to work positively with the school community and other custodial staff.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Facilities Supervisor, Mr. George Bento at email@example.com