Substitute Teachers - Cardinal Newman High School
Cardinal Newman High School, located in West Palm Beach, FL is searching for Substitute Teachers.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese also offers a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our retirement program can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The role and responsibilities of this position is to support the mission of Cardinal Newman High School.
- The successful candidate will possess the skills and have demonstrated success in substitute teaching students.
- The candidate should also demonstrate excellent classroom management skills, age-appropriate teaching strategies, and appropriate use of technology to enhance student performance.
- Applicants must have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree and experience in teaching/working with children.
- Preference will be given to the candidate who possesses a Florida Professional Teaching Certificate with a minimum of 3 years of teaching experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching and kneeling
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
- Occasional moments of minimal and routine hearing
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
If you are interested, please send cover letter and resume to Mr. Wesley Logsdon, Principal: email@example.com