Teaching Assistants - Holy Cross Preschool and Center
Holy Cross Catholic Preschool and Center located in West Palm Beach, FL is searching for full time Teaching Assistants.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and care for preschool age children five days per week.
- Implement behavior modeling and positive reinforcement into daily routines.
- Assist the Lead Teacher and teaching team with lesson plans to cultivate classroom environments rich in rigor and faith formation.
- Support the Lead Teacher and teaching team with developmentally appropriate activities and assessments aligned with the curriculum offered.
- Help manage schedules to allot for proper time to complete teaching routine and special activities and/or enrichment lessons fostered by the Lead Teacher and teaching team.
- Support the management of computer databases , physical file systems, and required logs.
- Support the facilitation of learning by identifying each student’s individual strengths and needs and how best to differentiate learning opportunities with the teaching team and Lead Teacher.
- Build and strengthen relationships with families and maintain rapport with staff.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with each child to promote positive learning environments for all.
- Control classroom environments with clearly defined rules and procedures and positive reinforcement techniques led by the Lead Teacher and Staff of the school.
- Foster the foundation of the Catholic faith and the values instilled in the Gospel into daily lessons and learning.
- Possess and cultivate strong ethical values to meet the Mission and philosophy of the school.
- Enhance children’s physical, emotional, and social well-being with organized and creative lessons and activities.
- Foster the Holy Cross Catholic Preschool and Center’s Mission in a Christ-Centered and Diocesan policy compliant form.
- Monitor team and classroom compliance with safety and health guidelines.
- Participate in workshops, training, and conferences to improve educational skills.
- 1-2 Years experience in a childcare setting preferred.
- Competent abilities in early childhood development.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented to ensure a safe, faith formative, and conducive learning environment.
- Basic proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet/Web uses in a professional form preferred.
- DCF Training and Hours completed to meet the guidelines to oversee and care for children.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, department heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and make responsible judgment calls.
- Excellent written, verbal, and speaking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds.
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 40 pounds.
- Frequent bending, climbing, stretching, and kneeling.
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers.
- Frequent use of both legs and feet.
- Frequent use of vocal chords to share lessons and teach and guide the children.
- Frequent moments of routine hearing and response accordingly.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of: Ana Fundora.
To speak directly with the Executive Director,
email or call : 561-366-8026; Director@holycrosscpc.org