Technical Support Engineer - Pastoral Center
The Diocese of Palm Beach Pastoral Center located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL is searching for a full time Technical Support Engineer.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
The Technical Support Engineer position is a Level 1 and 2 technical position as the contact for Pastoral Center, entity and remote offices as well as working with existing IT staff to support end users of remote and pastoral center offices. The position will be responsible for providing Level 1 and level 2 solutions whenever possible and minimizing interruptions in a remote office environment. The position requires monitoring the various systems utilized at the Pastoral Center and each entity to recognize, prevent, reduce interruptions in services and working with existing IT staff for resolution. The position requires knowledge of IT supported hardware and software that is installed and supported at each entity location.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows Server environment including Active Directory is recommended. In addition, proficiency in Microsoft 365 Business and Microsoft Office 2019/365 is required for support of end users. Knowledge and understanding of Sage 50/Peachtree accounting software in a Remote Desktop Services environment is preferred. Proficiency with networking, firewall, server, storage, printing, workstations, and software is required as it relates to a remote office environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver first- and second-level IT helpdesk support (managing issues and questions for remote offices, logging all calls for support in the Service desk tracking system, etc.).Deploy, upgrade, and support remote office PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Collaborate with the current IT team to solve issues relating to remote offices and the distant remote environment,
- Provide support for software utilized at remote offices and working with software vendor/s for problem resolution.
- Maintain and support Microsoft Windows Server Family, including (but not limited to)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 through Windows Server 2019
- Microsoft EAC & Microsoft Outlook Client Technologies
- Microsoft File and Print Services and Office 365
- Maintain and support TCP/IP based network, including (but not limited to)
- Cable modems
- Maintain and support backup infrastructure and associated backup/recovery methods
- Provide First Level support for Sage 50 accounting utilizing Remote Desktop Services environment.
- Coordinating employee remote access and/or laptops. Provide, install, and train on software required for remote access.
- Provide First Level support and software training for Microsoft Office 365 including email, Office online, SharePoint and OneDrive
- Provide support and software training for Microsoft Office 2019/365 products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Edge, and Internet Explorer)
- Work directly in the Entity System Administrator position as required.
- Creating, updating, and maintaining IT systems policies, procedures and related documentation related to remote offices and the Pastoral Center.
- Acting as resource person and Level 1(Help Desk) and Level 2 (Resolve the Issue) support for the Diocese of Palm Beach parishes, schools, and other Diocesan entities outside the Pastoral Center on a limited basis, i.e., offering telephone assistance.
- Keep current on developing technology, trends, etc. to remain technically competent.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology/Computer Science or equivalent is required with a minimum of 5 years of related experience supporting multiple locations.
- Previous experience solving hardware and software problems with limited supervision preferred
- Previous experience supporting remote offices preferred
- Previous experience supporting Sage 50 accounting software preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services environment preferred
- Should have background experience with infrastructure, networks/servers/software support, and desktop support.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of expertise with MS Office 2019/365 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook
- Success oriented self-starter who has excellent analytical, communicative, and problem-solving skills.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, and representatives of other agencies
- Ability to drive projects with aggressive deadlines
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task as well as being self-motivated
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must have excellent driving record
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers (i.e., typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling, and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e., loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e., listening to others in conversation)
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Gretchen Wood, Human Resources Coordinator:
Via US Mail: Diocese of Palm Beach
9995 North Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410-9650
Via Fax: (561) 775-9575
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org