Technology Teacher - Cardinal Newman High School
Cardinal Newman is searching for a Information Technology Specialist/Technology Teacher. Technology Support is part of the technology team. This position provides consultation on hardware and software issues, as well as provides support in the managing of all technology programs on campus. Technology Support provides assistance in areas that may involve the School’s website, School computer programs, e-mail, LMS, and other technical issues that promote the mission and vision of Cardinal Newman High School.
This position may require teaching 1 – 2 classes per semester. There is no additional compensation for teaching classes.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a degree, preferably, in the field of computer science or business administration
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with teachers, students, parents, administrators, and staff; excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to manage time well and work under stressful conditions with an even temperament
- Technical knowledge in the fields of computer science, computer education, and the broad range of technologies
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily updating of the school calendar on the website.
- Works with administration, academic departments, and guidance to ensure information is current on the website.
- Scan and upload appropriate documents and current forms to the website.
- Prepares in-house printing needs such as brochures, programs, and certificates.
- Provide consultation on the School’s textbook inventory, maintenance, and purchases.
- Remain technically competent. Continue to grow as a professional technology educator.
- Assist faculty and staff in dealing with technical issues; perform simple maintenance and trouble-shooting procedures on equipment.
- Assist the Media Specialist with technology problems.
- Provide Renweb and Canvas support for teachers, registrar, and Administration
- Provide support and consultation on other school programs, such as Destiny, Razor’s Edge, and Auction Tracker
- Works with Development Director, providing technical support for the auction.
- Provides technical assistance for journalism class.
- Help to develop the School’s Technology Plan
- Provide consultation to help implement the school’s technology plan.
- Help with the summer school program in consultation with the Summer School Principal
- Works with student sign-up for Florida Bright Future’s.
- Manages the computer lab.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Principal/Administration
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application.
Please forward the employment application, resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Mrs. Katie Kervi.
Via US Mail: Cardinal Newman High School
512 Spencer Dr.
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org