Update 9/12/17 (7:30 p.m.)
The Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Palm Beach continue to assess their school properties to determine if the campus has power, water and would be safe for students to return to school. Right now there are only two diocesan schools that will re-open on Wednesday, Sept. 13, and two that are scheduled to be re-open on Thursday, Sept. 14. Those are:
Open Wednesday, Sept. 13:
- All Saints Catholic School, Jupiter
- St. Helen Catholic School, Vero Beach
Open on Thursday, Sept. 14:
- St. Ann Catholic School, West Palm Beach
- St. Joseph Catholic School, Stuart
Below is a list of our other diocesan schools which at this time remain closed.
- Cardinal Newman High School, West Palm Beach: Closed the rest of the week. School will reopen on Monday, 9/18.
- Holy Cross Preschool and Center, West Palm Beach: Closed the rest of the week. School will reopen on Monday, 9/18.
- Sacred Heart School, Lake Worth: Closed the rest of the week. A reassessment will done about possible opening next week (the week of 9/18).
- John Carroll High School, Ft. Pierce: Closed Wednesday, 9/13 and will reassess for possible opening on Thursday.
- St. Anastasia School, Ft. Pierce: Closed Wednesday, 9/13 and will reassess for possible opening on Thursday.
- St. Ann School, West Palm Beach: Closed Wednesday 9/13 and will open on Thursday, 9/14.
- St. Clare School, North Palm Beach: Closed Wednesday, 9/13.
- St. Joan of Arc, Boca Raton: Closed the rest of the week. School will reopen on Monday, 9/18.
- St. Joseph School, Stuart: Closed Wednesday, 9/13.
- St. John Paul II Academy - Boca Raton: Closed until further notice.
- St. Jude School, Boca Raton: Closed Wednesday, 9/13.
- St. Juliana School: West Palm Beach: Closed the rest of the week. School will re-open on Monday, 9/18.
- St. Luke School, Palm Springs: Closed Wednesday, 9/13.
- St. Vincent Ferrer School, Delray Beach. Closed until further notice.
Just a friendly reminder we emphasize to check with your individual school regarding re-opening or closures. The schools are using their normal messaging systems to contact parents and keep them updated.
If you do not hear from your school, then parents should assume their school remains closed.
As information is received by the Diocese of Palm Beach, it will be posted on our diocesan website, our Catholic schools website, and through social media.
Pastoral Center (updated)
- All Pastoral Center Administrative Offices will remain closed through Wednesday, September 13.
Catholic Charities Offices (updated)
- All Catholic Charities offices will be closed on Monday, September 11 and Tuesday, September 12. Catholic Charities will reassess on Tuesday. Please check the Catholic Charities website for future announcements of re-opening or closings of each of our office locations as each location will be assessed.
Churches and Missions
- It is up to each of our 53 parishes and missions to determine their own cancellations. Parish members should contact their parish offices for more information. All of our faith community is advised to follow the instructions of our local authorities when it comes to personal safety, traveling, and attended Mass or church activities. While parishes may remain open, the faithful are always advised to exercise prudence and caution.
Please see our other press releases on Cancellations and Openings in the Diocese of Palm Beach in the News and Events section of our website.
Please view our press release about closing & re-opening our schools.