STEM Teacher - Rosarian Academy
Rosarian Academy seeks a full-time STEM Teacher with demonstrable classroom experience in math, technology or related area. He or she has the desire to grow in an innovative professional learning community, is enthusiastic about teaching and learning, and is current with best practices. Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the academic and social-emotional needs of students in grades K-8 and demonstrate the ability to teach students who vary in ability and learning styles. Candidates must be willing to collaborate with faculty and families and be flexible in order to meet the needs of the school community. Strong classroom management skills, solid communication, enthusiasm and a growth mindset are a must.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver STEM-oriented instruction through project-based learning methods.
- Attends professional development and training related to STEM programs and methodologies, staying abreast of current research.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques, instructional media, and performance assessments, which guide the learning process toward curriculum goals and student learning.
- Uses technology to promote learning, creativity, and collaboration.
- Works directly with school administrators and staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of STEM initiatives and curriculum.
- Organizes, develops, and coordinates special STEM events/activities.
- Coaches teachers on STEM initiatives and instructional best practices in the STEM areas.
- Serves as liaison to prospective or selected STEM vendors, to determine the best resources, options and innovations that will optimize the learning experience for students and staff.
- Initiates new programs that support the STEM vision.
- Shares STEM events and activities through social media, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Promptly completes all forms, etc. required by the administration.
- Takes and sends attendance electronically by the specified time each academic day.
- Informs the school of an absence as soon as possible and provides appropriate substitute lesson plans.
- Follows assigned schedule.
- Maintains an up-to-date plan book and gradebook.
- Supports student extra-curricular activities.
- Fulfills all obligations as indicated in the Teacher Agreement, Employee Handbook, Parent/Student Handbook, and Board Policies.
- Carries out any additional tasks/jobs requested by the Administration
Additional Qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree in Mathematics and/or Science and/or STEM preferred or related field, Masters preferred.
- Experience in delivering professional development to teachers.
- Evidence of at least three (3) years of exemplary classroom teaching experience.
- A proven track record in the use of a rich array of instructional methods, the analysis and use of data and technology to improve instruction, and the ability to build professional relationships, solve problems, and plan collaboratively.
- Evidence of productive experience with problem-based learning.
- Proven ability to apply science and/or math content knowledge, formative assessment, and technology integration at a high level.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment is open to qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability. EOE/DFWP.