Finance Administrative Assistant - Pastoral Center
The Diocese of Palm Beach Pastoral Center, located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL is searching for a full time Finance Administrative Assistant.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide secretarial support for the CFO and Finance Office personnel
- Secure and distribute daily mail for Finance Office
- Prepare and distribute correspondence for board meetings (i.e. agenda, minutes, notices)
- Maintain files (i.e. correspondence, investment, trust, estate, insurance, etc.)
- Prepare daily deposits for receipts of all funds including operating, SFT, pension trust, health trust, and self-insurance fund accounts
- Provide Controller and Senior Accountant with adequate supporting documentation for each respective deposit. Verify deposit totals, arrange for deposit to the bank and reconcile to bank receipts
- Provide special support to the Accounting Manager - Parishes and Schools with entity financial statements and audit program.
- Coordinate location and supplies for all Finance Office related meetings.
- Perform special projects as required
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years of clerical experience
- Knowledge of organizing and maintaining a small office
- Excellent business judgment, superb organization skills, business writing skills, people/customer services oriented
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Adhere to the Diocese of Palm Beach Code of Conduct with emphasis on confidentiality and able to exercise discretion and good business judgment
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. driving) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Gretchen Wood, Human Resources Coordinator.
Via US Mail: Diocese of Palm Beach
9995 North Military Trail
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410-9650
Via Fax: (561) 775-9575
Via Email: email@example.com