Middle School Mathematics Teacher - St. Anastasia Catholic School
St. Anastasia Catholic School, located in Ft Pierce, FL is searching for a Middle School Mathematics Teacher for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year. This special candidate must be certified in either Middle Grades Mathematics (grades 5-9) or Mathematics (grades 6-12) to lead our sixth, seventh, and eighth graders toward our profile of a St. Anastasia graduate. The applicant must be familiar with best practices in instruction and classroom management and be prepared to live out the mission of St. Anastasia Catholic School with our families.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The Diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics – from an accredited college or university
- Valid Florida Teaching Certificate or Official Statement of Status of Eligibility in Mathematics
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Active Catholic Preferred
- Must be supportive and respectful of the mission and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent and professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, department heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Applicant must pass a fingerprint background check before being hired.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds.
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds.
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers (i.e., typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting.
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e., loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e., listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional time spent working closely with others.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application, and submit along with a cover letter, a resume, and list of references to the attention of Dr. Kevin Hoeffner, Principal at email@example.com