Middle School Language Arts Teacher - Rosarian Academy
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong teaching skills for school curriculum and student developmental needs.
- Follow school mission, procedures, and policies in administrative and educational matters as set forth by the Head of School and the Board of Directors.
- Lead students in prayer and nurture them to develop a Christian based character.
- Be accountable for daily curriculum planning and implementation of plans.
- Be responsible for daily instruction of students.
- Be accountable to meet the minimum learning objectives for the grade levels taught: to teach, test, and re-teach with a variety of materials and resources suitable to the learning situation until reasonable mastery is achieved.
- Be responsible for the observations, evaluations, testing, reporting, conferencing and record keeping of each student.
- Be responsible for the organization of classroom structure and daily orderly maintenance of the classroom environment.
- Maintain an attractive environment conducive and related to the educational process and the units and themes being taught.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with staff and parents.
- Be responsible for classroom discipline and student management in keeping with the school’s discipline policy.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the Division Head or Head of School when requested.
- Keep daily plans in easy access in the event that a substitute is needed. A current, updated substitute file of general information of schedule and seating is also required.
- Be responsible to guide his/her education assistant(s) and/or volunteers in their role in the classroom when appropriate.
- Be responsible for the safety and health of students in the classroom.
- Be accountable to participate in parent/family school events as scheduled or requested by Administration.
- Be responsible to assist in the planning and implementation of all school programs and special events as requested and required.
- Be responsible to set up classroom prior to the opening of school as well as year-end clean-up of classroom.
- Be responsible to communicate curriculum and activity information to parents regularly.
- Be responsible for the timely planning and communication of supply needs.
- Conduct oneself in a professional and Christian manner both in and out of the classroom.
- Plan and conduct parent/teacher conferences as needed or as scheduled.
- Teach scheduled class days and participate in staff development, in-service, preparation, and special programs according to the annual school calendar.
- Become familiar with Rosarian Academy’s mission and Belief Statement, and policies and be supportive of such.
- Be at the school at 7:30 AM until 3:30PM. Reserving Wednesday afternoons for faculty meetings.
- Fulfill other related duties as assigned by Administration.
- Hold a Bachelor Degree
- Hold a current and valid Florida State Teaching Certificate applicable to the subject/grades being taught.
- Completion of VIRTUS Training
- Ability to move about the school building(s) and campus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively with parents, students, administration, and a variety of people and personality styles.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must perform in carrying out the essential functions of the position.
- Physical Demands: Walk, look downward, turn neck, sit, bend, stand, stoop, squat, reach, push, and pull. Climb (infrequently), grasp and manipulate materials and supplies, lift and carry items up to twenty(20) pounds, and use sight, hearing, and speaking.
- Working Conditions: Indoor classrooms, exposure to: students noise and music, odors of food and science projects, possible communicable diseases or unruly students. Outdoor schoolyard and playgrounds, exposure to temperatures, dust, rains and wind, and pesticides.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and references to Virginia Devine at firstname.lastname@example.org