PCS Initiative & Volunteer Coordinator-Cross Catholic
Cross Catholic Outreach – an international Catholic ministry of relief and development, located in Boca Raton - has an opening for a PCS Initiatives & Volunteer Coordinator for our Box of Joy Ministry.
Recruitment, selection, placement, supervision, and recognition/retention of volunteers to engage in the “Box of Joy” and Food Packing Event ministries. The position requires strong people skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish, detail-orientated with leadership abilities, organization, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Responsible for coordination of all Food Packing logistics, including ordering bulk supplies and inventory control/shipping of materials required for each event, as well as clear logistical communication with event host and PCS Development Team.
The position is based in the Boca Raton FL office (can be partially remote, i.e. two days/week in Boca; three days/week from home - may vary seasonally). However, throughout the year, work will be performed from the Miami warehouse location (during Box of Joy season, in coordination of Food Packing Events and other times when needed).
Frequent domestic (U.S.) travel required throughout the year.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred
· Spiritual leadership abilities.
· Demonstrated high level of understanding and aptitude for cutting-edge software, techniques and tools used in engagement, management and training of volunteers.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
· Ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels; conducts self in polite and professional manner, with external donors and within our internal organization.
· Demonstrated high level of people skills, written and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish, detail orientation, leadership and delegation abilities, organization, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, including comfort, energy and poise in public speaking.
· Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
· Demonstrates a motivation and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities, and sensitive to confidential information and situations.
· Uses resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems, and able to keep clear records of projects, decisions and progress.
· Self-starter who takes initiative on reaching and exceeding goals.
· Ability to travel as needed.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to drive commercial truck and certified forklift driver (CCO will sponsor certification).
· Active U.S. passport and driver’s license.
· Willingness and ability to work nights, weekends, and extended hours as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Recruitment, selection, placement, training, supervision, and recognition/retention of short-term and long-term volunteers for PCS initiatives.
· Prepare for and supervise all volunteer activities at the national “screening center” (Miami warehouse) during processing season to ensure production objectives, as well as a safe and meaningful experience for volunteer workers.
· Contribute to strategic plans and growth of PCS initiatives to accomplish measurable goals.
· Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, CRM notes, and all other event data necessary.
· Inventory control.
· Attend and facilitate the setup of each Food Packing Event as needed (this may include presentations, and media interviews).
Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation
· Monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activity to achieve goals; provide accurate and timely pipeline reports.
· Work closely with IT Team to develop efficient volunteer systems for volunteer data entry and online data collection with the goal of eliminating manual data entry.
· Work closely with Marketing and Communications Team for effective implementation of mass communications for volunteers and prospective volunteers.
· Constructively share feedback to improve processes and strategies.
· Uphold process protocols for organization and department related to donor records and accurate documentation of all interactions with donors.
· Other duties as assigned.
For more information, candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.