Cemetery Services Associate/Gardener/Groundskeeper - Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Cemetery
Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Cemetery, located in Royal Palm Beach, FL is searching for a full time Cemetery Services Associate/Gardener/Groundskeeper.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritizes job duties and services to ensure efficient operations and optimal customer service.
- Prepares implements, performs and concludes interments, entombments and inurnments.
- Maintains property grounds and structures including landscaping, irrigation, pest extermination, water features, monuments, grave markers and statuary in a cost-efficient manner.
- Confirms location of graves, crypts and niches prior to services.
- Sustaining a mutually supportive teamwork environment.
- Compliance with OSHA and other applicable safety regulations and rules.
- Learn from the Cemetery Forman and/or Administration how to carry out up-to-date practices and techniques of full body ground burials, entombments and the interment of cremated remains in a variety of placements.
- Maintains cemetery machinery, equipment, resources and supplies in a cost effective manner.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for cemetery personnel and visitors.
- Completion in a timely manner of all tasks, special projects and assignments as directed and assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Past Experience with Cemetery work and Garnering a plus
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred, for communication orally and in writing.
- Exhibits strong Christian values in the performance of job functions.
- Keen sense of compassion for those in grief and in need.
- Mechanical and maintenance experience required
- Ability to work effectively with cemetery employees, diocesan employees, department heads, cemetery clients and the public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make appropriate, responsible decisions.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Occasional extended work hours throughout the week, on holidays and weekends as required.
- Physical ability to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs. while following proper safety and lifting procedures.
- Standing and walking on uneven surfaces.
- Climb ladders and use scaffolds.
- Bend, stoop, squat, lean, reach, crawl, stretch and stand for long periods of time
- Work involves exposure to the weather, extreme temperatures, noise and potential hazards.
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Dan Lewis, Cemetery Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org