Director of Faith Formation - St. Ann Catholic Church
Saint Ann Catholic Church located in West Palm Beach, FL is searching for a full time Director of Faith Formation.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese of Palm Beach offers a competitive benefits package to employee’s working 30 or more hours per work week consisting of comprehensive medical, vision, dental, LTD, group life insurance, optional life insurance. The diocese also provides a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our benefits and retirement programs can be found here.
Saint Ann Catholic Church is a makeup of English, Creole, and Spanish-speaking community. The Director of Faith Formation serves as a visible leader in the parish community and assists the parish community in building a solid foundation of catechetical and faith formation ministry. He or she is committed to the development of religious education for children and young people and works to motivate and enable the catechists and assistants in their efforts to educate the students on the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Faith Formation of Children and Young people:
- Faith Formation for 1st – 9th Grade
- Direct, recruit, train, and supervise catechists and volunteers for the program
- Promote catechist involvement in the Diocesan Certification Program
- Conduct registration for and maintain contact with parents of children in Faith Formation
- Organize the calendar for Faith Formation
- Oversee all sacramental preparation for: Baptism, Reconciliation, Holy Communion, and Confirmation
- Maintain an accurate database of all participants in faith Formation/Sacramental programs
- Plan and coordinate all parish summer camps (Vacation Bible School, and any parish retreats) for 1st -12th Grade
- The program requires a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Support the parish youth ministry program
- Take an active role in the parish communication efforts
- Participate in parish leadership meetings
- Assist Pastor as needed
Compliance Director for Protecting God’s Children:
- Maintain records and facilitate the background check process for all lay and religious employees and volunteers of the parish, and discuss any problems with the Pastor
- Should be a practicing Catholic in good standing and is able to partake in the full sacramental life of the church.
- It is preferred that the Director of Faith Formation has earned a Master’s degree in areas of Theology and has a minimum of three years of experience in the field of faith Formation
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Capable to carry out administrative and supervisory duties in a timely fashion, utilizing good communication and relationship skills
- Skills in public speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must complete the Diocesan “Protecting God’s Children” workshop and obtain VECHS Clearance
- Ability to respect confidentiality, and consistently exercise discretion and good judgment
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Must be a “team player,” and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive data
- Proficiency in Office Management Programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Willing to adhere to all Diocesan Policies and Procedures and complete all required employment documents
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Occasional moderate lifting and carrying of 15-44 lbs.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of fewer than 15 lbs.
- Occasional straight pulling, reaching over the shoulder and pushing
- Continuous use of finger (i.e., typing and keyboard) and extended sitting
- Full range of motion (i.e., bending and stooping)
- Frequent walking and standing
- Continuous routine visual requirements
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Rev. Quesnel Delvard at:
St. Ann Catholic Church
310 N Olive Ave
West Palm Beach, FL 33401