Part Time Director of Music and Liturgy - Holy Family Catholic Church
Holy Family Catholic Church in Port Saint Lucie, FL is searching for a part-time Director of Music and Liturgy.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese also offers a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our retirement program can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide music for all Masses and schedule cantors and instrumentalists.
- Director will organize books for music
- Conduct rehearsal and recruit members for the parish choir.
- Provide needed cantors for Masses on holidays throughout the year.
- Is responsible for submitting invoices to the parish bookkeeper.
- Familiarize oneself with audio equipment.
- Plan and provide music for weddings and funerals.
- Be present and contribute to the liturgical committee of the parish.
- An undergraduate degree in music/liturgy or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Graduate Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience is required.
- Proficiency in organ, piano and voice are required.
- Knowledge of Catholic liturgy, with an eclectic sense of liturgical music.
- Active member of the Catholic Church
- Ability to play music, at sight to a level comparable to a common Christmas Carol at Tempo.
- Understanding of basic music theory such as key signatures, meter and standard notation.
- Keyboard and guitar ability
- Vocal experience ability to sing with accurate pitch and rhythm demonstrating knowledge of vocal production.
- Enthusiastic and equally interact well with adults, young and children. Work well with parish team and other staff, employees/volunteers
- Demonstrate organizational skills needed to manage time appropriately, set priorities and accomplish tasks.
- Knowledge of the Catholic liturgy including liturgy documents, music resources including current hymnals, etc. and familiarity with the Lectionary and Sacramentary.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. loud noises, sirens) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
- Occasional routine talking
- Occasional time spent working closely with others
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of
Rev.Tri Pham: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lorraine Walter: email@example.com