Part Time Faith Formation/Youth Ministry Coordinator - Holy Name of Jesus Church
Holy Name of Jesus Church located in West Palm Beach, FL is searching for a Part Time (25 hours per week) Faith Formation/Youth Ministry Coordinator.
The Diocese is dedicated to providing excellent working conditions with competitive compensation in order to attract and retain an outstanding workforce. The Diocese also offers a 403(b)-retirement plan to all employees. Information on our retirement program can be found here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in coordinating and implementing a comprehensive parish faith formation and youth program, including Sacramental Preparation for Baptism, First Reconciliation and First Communion, Confirmation and Continuing Faith Formation for all ages.
- Develops a comprehensive knowledge of catechetical processes used throughout the year to guide families in registering and directing children to becoming fully initiated Catholics. Displays an ability to verbalize the policies and process in place.
- Provides administrative support and assistance to the Director.
- Helps recruit and schedule volunteers for faith formation and youth ministry.
- Responsible for assisting the Director with the completion and maintenance of verification documents for Baptism, First Communion and Confirmation.
- Maintains records of class registration and attendance.
- Maintains accurate calendar of faith formation and youth ministry.
- Provides support during weekly Faith Formation classes.
- Maintains regular correspondence with volunteer catechists and provide requested materials and resources when necessary.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in Religious Faith Formation.
- Flexible work schedule which includes evenings and weekends.
- Firm knowledge and understanding of Catholic faith and doctrines.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and own transportation and the ability to drive on company business in conformance with the Diocesan Transportation Policy.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Publisher and Internet.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to stay focused and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment.
- Strong ethical values.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Frequent use of both hands and fingers
The above is intended to describe the general context of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and submit along with your cover letter, resume, salary requirements and list of references to the attention of Gina-Marie Loree at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax, 561-683-1051.