The Diocese of Palm Beach, Office of Communications is excited to start a new weekly initiative called "Parish Profile!"  Each week the Diocese will showcase one of our 50 Parishes, 3 Missions and 1 Hispanic Pastoral Center on social media and on the website.

 

 

Submit

Profiles

St. Matthew Catholic Church

The parish of St. Matthew was established July 1, 1992 with Father Clem Hammerschmitt as the founding pastor. St. Matthew Parish’s first Mass was celebrated October 17, 1992, in the Lantana Square Shopping Center. The shopping center housed the parish for the next nine years. On June 17, 2000,

St. Mary Catholic Church

In the early 1920s the families of S. J. Thibodeaux, A.A. Thibodeaux and F.X. Legere moved to Canal Point, Florida. During this time there were no roads, all the needs of the community were transported by boat, even the lumber to build their homes. These families missed their church terribly, so

St. Martin de Porres Catholic Church

St. Martin de Porres Parish serves the Catholic community of Martin County. The parish was founded October 2, 1973 with 600 families. Father Michael Sullivan was appointed first pastor and remained at St. Martin de Porres Parish until June 1976. The first Mass was celebrated at the Community

St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church, Fort Pierce

Bishop William D. Borders of the Diocese of Orlando established St. Mark the Evangelist Parish in 1972. Father Peter Dolan was the first pastor, who inherited 10 acres of land donated by Msgr. Michael Beerhalter, the pastor of St. Anastasia Parish in Fort Pierce. In the early days, weekend Masses

St. Mark Catholic Church, Boynton Beach

St. Mark Parish was established in 1952; the first Mass was celebrated in a movie theatre in a small shopping center on U.S. Highway One. That first Mass has only 13 people in attendance, but at the Christmas Midnight Mass about three weeks later, the theater was filled. In 1956, the new church

St. Luke Catholic Church

St. Luke Catholic Church was established on October 15, 1959. The church attracted parishioners from St. Juliana Parish, Sacred Heart Parish and Holy Name of Jesus Parish in West Palm Beach. Father Matthew A. Morgan was the first pastor and Masses were celebrated at the American Polish Club on

St. Lucy Catholic Church

St. Lucy Catholic Church was established October 3, 1968, when the Archdiocese of Miami purchased a tract of land on which the church is now located. At the time, the land was a large mangrove swamp with overgrown vegetation. Through the efforts of the founding pastor, Father Michael Keller, a

St. Lucie Catholic Church

St. Lucie Parish was established in 1961 as the first Catholic church in Port St. Lucie, three years after the founding of the city. Initially, Mass was celebrated at the home of a parishioner a later at the marina. Because the population of the entire city at that time was only 3,030, both of

St. Joseph Catholic Church

St. Joseph Parish began in 1916 when George Zarnits donated land on Cleveland Avenue for a church. The church received its name because the first Mass was celebrated on the feast day of St. Joseph. Founded as a mission, St. Joseph became a parish of the Diocese of St. Augustine in 1928 and

St. Jude Catholic Church, Tequesta

Here is an overview of St. Jude, Tequesta Parish’s humble beginnings from a mission church to the thriving faith community it is today: June 4, 1957  The Village of Tequesta receives its Charter. The nearest Catholic churches are in Stuart and Rivera Beach. December 8, 1957  Jupiter