The Diocese of Palm Beach, Office of Communications is excited to start a new weekly initiative called "Parish Profile!"  Each week the Diocese will showcase one of our 50 Parishes, 3 Missions and 1 Hispanic Pastoral Center on social media and on the website.

 

 

Submit

Profiles

St. Jude Catholic Church, Boca Raton

St. Jude Parish was established in 1979 and was originally under the jurisdiction of the Archdiocese of Miami. Mass was celebrated during the week in the homes of parishioners and on weekends in the theater or cafeteria at the College of Boca Raton (now Lynn University), as well as in the gym of

St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, Boca Raton

St. John the Evangelist Parish was founded July 1, 1992 to meet the needs of the rapidly growing Catholic community west of Boca Raton. On November 1, 1992, Father Ronald Schulz celebrated Mass for the first time in the Olympic Heights High School cafeteria with a handful of families. In October

St. John of the Cross Catholic Church, Vero Beach

St. John of the Cross Parish was founded October 7, 1989, by Bishop Thomas Daily and Father John Crowley. The first Mass was celebrated on the feast of the Holy Rosary at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Vero Beach. At that Mass, Father Crowley entrusted his new parish family to the Immaculate

San Juan Diego Hispanic Pastoral Center

San Juan Diego Hispanic Pastoral Center in Fort Pierce was built from small beginnings thirty years ago. Father Gerard Don Bosco Redden founded the San Juan Diego Pastoral Center in 1985, when he was assigned by the first bishop of the newly formed Diocese of Palm Beach, Thomas V. Daily, to serve

St. John Fisher Catholic Church

St. John Fisher Parish in West Palm Beach was founded on August 23, 1963. An announcement was placed in The Voice that a new parish had been established in West Palm Beach by Bishop Coleman F. Carroll. Father Leslie Cann was named the first pastor on August 30, 1963. His challenge was to find a

St. Juliana Catholic Church

St. Juliana Parish was founded in 1949, and originally had to celebrate Mass in the Carefree Theatre on the corner of Dixie Highway and Flamingo Drive until the church could be built. Father Patrick O’Brien was the first pastor and often referred to the parish as “St. Carefree.” A large

St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church

In 1953, a small group of Catholic women came together to establish the first Catholic church in Boca Raton. To meet this goal, they organized Boca Raton’s first Catholic Women’s Guild and raised money by hosting bake sales, dances, dinners, card parties and rummage sales, which became the

St. Helen Catholic Church

St. Helen parish first began when Fr. Rupert Gabriel of the Order of St. Benedict celebrated the first Mass in Indian River County in June 1919 at the home of Louis Schlitt. Fr. Gabriel continued to serve the people of St. Helen parish, while also being responsible for communities from Cocoa

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church

Named after the first American-born saint canonized by the Catholic Church, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton parish in western Port St. Lucie was founded September 1, 1993, under Bishop J. Keith Symons in conjunction with St. Lucie parish and Holy Redeemer parish in Palm City (among others). Fr.

St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church

On November 2, 1947, the first Mass was celebrated in Riviera Beach at the town community hall. Father A. McGowan, chaplain at St. Mary’s Hospital, was the celebrant. A year later, in 1948, the Mass celebrated in the community hall expanded into St. Francis of Assisi parish, which was